Thursday, November 6, 2014

I wanna be......

I'm willing to bet that every chubby girl has heard this a million times in her life. "Oh but you have SUCH a pretty face." I'm wondering if that means if I had an ugly face I'd be banished to some one room closet like a hermit because I have nothing to offer? I hate hearing "But you have such a pretty face." I'm pretty sure all girls have other qualities that are redeeming other than pretty faces. I'd rather hear, "Wow, you have such a rocking BRAIN!" Yes, I'm a zombie. I eat brainz (cough no) but I love brains. I love to be complimented on my brains and beauty. I used to tease that I had the "three B's.".

* BRAINS
* BEAUTY
* BOOBS

That was a bit of a joke but I'd rather someone tell me I am intelligent and fat than fat and "have such a pretty face". That is just a back handed compliment to tell you to lose weight!

Things that curvy, chubby, fat (insert adjective here) hear all the time:

* But you have a pretty smile... (Thanks, I have teeth and I like to use them CHOMP)
* Wanna go to the gym with me? (If I did I suppose I'd already be there, right?)
* Wanna cut some carbs together? (Does that mean I have to stop eating pasta? Well, no thanks)
* I just want you to be healthy! (Well, pay for my HEALTHY groceries and health insurance)
* Have you thought about gastric bypass? (Hmmm, I think every overweight woman may have THOUGHT about it but no thank you. Unless I get to the point where my weight hinders my life I would not do this. I support those who have done it to improve their health (whether it be physical or mental) but it's not for me)
* Ya know, there are surgeries and stuff now that could help? (Well, ya know there are programs for your mental issue where you have to degrade me!)
* You should dress more for your body type! (Ummmm, yeah she's thinking a tent or mumu)

Anyways, I've heard all these things in my life. Some have come from my family, friends, and those I care about most. Lots have come from random strangers. However, at my advanced age (get me my wheelchair), I am concerned more about how I VIEW MYSELF now than others view me. I know I will NEVER be skinny unless I have some dreadful disease. However, would you like to know a secret? Come closer.... "I DO NOT WANT TO BE SKINNY!" I like my curves. I embrace my voluptuous figure. I enjoy my hips, buns, and the way I am soft.

Now, are there things I want to change? Sure! Ask any "skinny" girl and she'll tell you the same thing. I'd like to lose weight but only lose it in my lower belly, upper arms, and thighs. Sadly, I can't target that. To be fair, I have lost 70lbs in the past few years and plan on losing about 40 more but that's it. I don't want to be a certain weight. I just wanted to be toned. I want to be happy. I want to be free. I want to be..



* a chubby pin up girl
* a fat ballerina
* a curvy fashionista
* a person who accepts others the way they are...

And that's the end of my rant for today folks.

Don't ever tell me, "BUT YOU HAVE SUCH A PRETTY FACE... or YOU'RE CHEEKS ARE SO CUTE.." because you are quite possibly going to get another pair of cheeks to KISS! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment