Thursday, November 6, 2014

I want to be a PRINCESS!

I truly believe, dear readers, that most women desire to be a Princess at some point in their lives. Of course, I don't mean in a "royal blood" way. I mean, simply to be treated and feel like a Princess. They want that tiara on their heads and to twirl in a chemise or gown. They want to go to a ball and feel as if they are the only woman in the room. They want a man with eyes ONLY on them because they are and feel like they are the prettiest woman in the room.

     Since I've been watching CW's "Reign", my Princess fantasy is becoming more and more intense. I WANT TO BE A PRINCESS dangit! (insert feet stomping of a 30+ year old woman with two chihuahuas hanging on her lap right now). I want to swirl around in a ball gown, dance amidst flying flying feathers, and feel pretty. It's not just feeling pretty. It's feeling as if you are truly important, loved, adored, and someone has eyes ONLY for YOU!

     I LOVE history. Well, I don't love ALL history. I love reading about the past Queens and Kings -- their struggles, treachery, etc. I don't want the treachery, the murder, the poison wine, and the issues that go on "behind the veil". It reminds me too much of our own government (as a dear friend reminded me). I just want to be a Princess for ONE night or day. Is that too much to ask? I don't even want a REAL diamond tiara. A fake one will do. I don't need a 10k ball gown. I don't need all the glitz and glamour. But, a nice carriage ride through a lighted street while sharing a blanket, sipping mulled cider, wearing a gown (and of course my crown) would be rather regal.


I mean just LOOK at this picture. Wouldn't you want your Prince and future King to be looking at you with such desire in his eyes. Desire only for YOU! (swoons) Where is my fainting couch. Sometimes, dear readers, I feel as if I was born into the wrong century. However, I would very much miss the modern conveniences like "washrooms" and "heat". I don't want to pick lice off people and with my luck I'd be one of those washer beggar women.

But, it's nice to dream. It's nice to think about the handsome Prince by your side at a ball as you ready yourself to twirl the night away in absolute bliss. I will never think of myself as a Princess. I've been bullied, teased, and put down most of my life because of my looks, because I'm a "nerd", or other things. I'm working on my self esteem but going from negative numbers to a 1 is a huge leap for me.

Le sigh... I am waited (with baited breath) for the next installment of "Reign". Until then, I will try to find some book to devour so I can put myself into that era.

As you may know, the Kings often took upon Mistresses. This last episode the King took upon one named "Kenna". She was very self-conscious and wasn't sure of his love. So, he did the ultimate sweet gesture that wasn't costly or diamonds or gems or jewels.. he wrote her name in candles outside her window. *Swoon*

Is this like holding a "boombox" up with "their song" for that era? Perhaps...

Either way.... I wouldn't trade my life for theirs (unless I was one of those lucky royals who didn't get the pox or something dreadful).... but watching this show just makes my Princess and history fascination go up another notch....

Stay tuned -- dear readers -- I took a weekend from "soaping" to rest some. I realized (no my body realized) that I was doing too much and MADE me take a break. But, I've got new scents and I will show them here sooooon.

Kisses and wonderful dreams of your Princess or Prince...

XOXO

PS: I might make a DIY "Reign" inspired headband!

No comments:

Post a Comment