Thursday, November 6, 2014

I'll never be a skinny chick.....

On, "Royal by Loorde -- I'll never be a skinny chick ... no slim fast drinks for me..."

The song "Royal", by Loorde has been flooding social media, radio, and MP3 sales. I've seen one dupe of it but I had this dream the other day. In the dream I was beautiful (or at least to myself). When I woke I was sad. I was sad because I'd never be as pretty to myself as I was in the dream. So, in the dream at the end -- these lyrics came to mind:


I've never seen a size four on my body
No Chanel or designer clothes for me.....
I hide my body in oversize shrugs..
In the scary hell, of my own mind and society...

But everyone's like Versace, Donna Karan, slipping in a size two
Vomit stains, mumus, cryin' in my room
I don't caaaare, I'm skinny and gorgeous in my dreams
But everybody's like PhenPhen, Slimfast, gastric bypass for meeee
Tiny bikinis, duck faces, selfies on Facebook
I don't care, I'm not going to be caught upin your fantasy

And I'll never be skinny (skinny)
It's just not meant for me
That kind of life just ain't for me
I crave a different kind of love
Let me be your friend or fantasy (fantasy)
And baby I'll stop crying.. stop dying..
Let me live that fantasy


So yeah, that came to me and though it's sad it's also quite true. I'll never be a size two. I'll never 100% love myself or think I'm beautiful. But, I can do it in my dreams... in my fantasies!

The next time you invite someone to the gym with you or your Facebook weight loss group stop and think about how they feel. Think about what it would be for you.


New research has found that the average overweight woman struggles with her emotions in at least five everyday situations.
A study of 2,257 people, of which 1,467 were deemed to be overweight, found that fat people experience a crisis of confidence when looking in the mirror and at holiday snaps, seeing old friends, trying clothes on in a shop, and getting dressed for a night out.



I think that article says it all...



No comments:

Post a Comment