Thursday, November 6, 2014

Is Fashion Fair?

Nothing in life is ever "fair". I've always heard that saying. 

I don't feel like I deserve to feel like I do most days, have heart issues, etc. at such an age. I try to help people and yet I feel like I'm always getting knocked down. When I've complained I've heard, "Life isn't fair." I wish life was fair. I wish people didn't suffer. I wish all people were actually treated equal. Sadly, this is not the case. It's not true in life and not true in the world of fashion. Life is not fair. The world is not fair.


The fashion industry is no different than life in this matter. They have TONS of items for smaller people. They have sexy outfits, dresses, jeans, etc. for those that fit in 0-14.


 The average U.S. woman, who's 162.9 pounds and wears a size 16, is treated like an anomaly by apparel brands and retailers. 

That is a true fact. The average woman does not fit in the sizes that are carried in most stores. Or at least they don't fit into the sizes that are "fashionable." Just because you are not a size 5 does not mean you don't care about your appearance. I'd love to be able to find items that are slimming, pretty, and don't look like I'm borrowing a 70 year old lady's dress to go to church for a regular outfit. (rant over for the moment)

I'm not trying to say that fashion is fair for the other size of the spectrum either. My roomie in college was a TEENY girl at about 85lbs. She could NEVER find clothes in her size unless she shopped in the children's department. Again, fashion is NOT fair.

So, I've been doing a bit of research on fashion for girls that have some curves and don't want to dress like they are 75. Here is what I've found:

TORRID! OMG I LOOOVE Torrid but their customer service kinda sucks for online orders. They have an awesome mix of geek girl + sexy that = Jamiestyle ;)
I just wish they weren't in Virginia. It's only an hour drive but kinda lonely to shop by myself for clothes. 

Modcloth is perfect for the vintage diva:  They have a GREAT variety of clothes in the most adorable patterns, colors, and vintage looks as well as shoes and accessories. Their prices are mid to normal range and have size ranges from


Rue21: They have GREAT shoes and accessories.  Rue 21 tops fit me IF THEY ARE NOT button up. The girls just cannot contain the button up ones, though ;)

Forever 21: Now they have some awesome stuff. They have a range of sizes, looks, styles, and are very well priced.

Lane Bryant: Awesome bras and panties....

I'm sure there are other great places out there but they wouldn't fit with the style I love. I'll post one picture of a dream outfit so you can get an idea. I'm 30 not 80 and I don't feel like I should dress that way because fashion companies don't think curvy women deserve the same clothes as thin ones (rant over).

My weekend is open. What are YOU doing? Have a great one!

XOXO Jamie

I AM DROOOOOLING FOR THIS SHIRT! 






No comments:

Post a Comment